Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm finally in the Cool Club!!

Holy Cow!!! I ran a half marathon!!! I'm in the Cool Club now!!! If you don't believe me, you should see my blistered feet or watch me try and walk down the stairs. Not pretty right now. But let me tell you, it was an AWESOME experience! There were 2500 runers in this event, and the final half mile was packed with cheering spectators. We loaded buses starting at 4:45 AM and went to the top of South Fork Canyon (in Provo Canyon). The gun went off at 6:30. I ran this baby in 2:01 and 5 seconds. Just wish I would have pushed it a little harder at the end to get under the 2 hour mark. Oh well. It was a total rush.

So August 23rd 2008 is the Mesa Falls marathon/half marathon.

http://mesafallsmarathon.com/index.php

I think I'm gonna do it. Anybody want to join me?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Wowie Kazowie, Barry! You're definitely cooler than me.

WAY TO GO!!

Marta said...

I think I'd rather join the cheering spectators at the finish line. But you know I'll be cheering for you. Way to go, Barry.

Esther Ogden said...

Ahhhh! You are awesome, Barry! Way to go and what a great time!!! I wish so badly that I could come run that marathon with you! Wow, that would be great! I'm glad you're in the cool club now...doesn't it feel good? ;)

Julie Peterson said...

Oh, that is awesome! Let me know if you really sign up! I want to come! NEXT YEAR I'M GOING TO DO IT!!!

Livingstone Family said...

Wow Barry! I'm so excited for you, what an accomplishment. Amazing what the RUnning Fever does to you. Great job, sure wish I was there with you-- but I've not worked up to that point yet. Definately I'll do the Provo Canyon 1/2 next year, I've heard it's great!