Friday, June 6, 2008

Camille downs an entire Magleby's Chocolate Cake!!

Can you beleive Camille ate all of this? Incredible. Here she is telling me that I cant have sweets anymore, and she goes and eats this.

Okay. Here is the real story. Camille and I are on a new points program, created by her. We both want to get more healthy. Here is how the point system works:

Each day you can get a total of five points. If you get all five in one day, you a get a dollar per point. If you don't get all five points for that day, no dough. And, if you don't get 30 points for the week, no dough for the entire week. So there's money behind it, and the element of competition. Here are the five daily points categories:

- 1 point for no sweets

- 1 pont for no white flour

- 1 point for no meat (except for fish)

- 1 point for 30 minutes of exercise

- 1 point for 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day

We've been doing this for three weeks now, and we are having a blast. I have done more running, biking, and swimming than in a very long time. Camille is even teaching me Yoga. We've done so well with our points that it was no problem to go to Magleby's and down some cake and ice cream. The truth is that I ate 2/3 of the cake in the picture, and it was awesome. :-)

3 comments:

Marta said...

You go girl - wish I could have been there for the challenge. By the way, how did you handle the post chocolate cake headache? Whatever, I'm sure it was worth it.
p.s. Darling sweater!

Norris Fam said...

My parents rave about that Magleby's cake! I gotta try it SOON!

What a cute wife you have!

Carrie

Esther Ogden said...

Wow, talk about drive! You guys are awesome...did she make up this point system herself?